In Case of an Accident
- Follow the instructions of the Safety Officer present in the site or
a staff trained in First Aid procedures.
- To call emergency numbers you can just dial from any phone the number 9, then you
a record with the follow instrucctions:
if you want to call ALMA Paramedic press 1
if you want to call the San Pedro Medical Station press 2
if you want to call San Pedro Fire Department press 3
if you want to call San Pedro Police press 4
- In case of emergency in the base and you need to comunicate it to all staff:
1.- Dial 555 and you ear:
"Please record you message after the beep. End by pressing the pound key"
2.- Enter the voice message finish pressing # key, then you ear the message:
"Press 1 to send your message to all phones. Press 0 to cancel"
4.- If press 0 or hang up the message will be canceled. If press 1 the message will be delivery to all Sequitor phones. Then you can hang up.
Note: the system ring the phones with 5 retries if it is busy or time out is reached.
- Call ALMA First Aid Station and get instructions from the
paramedic. This can be done on all radios in channel 4.
To call ALMA Paramedic 0 + code + 55 244 8400
1 + code + 55 244 8400
0 or 1 + code + 2 2467 6400
- According to instructions received, ask the paramedic or people in Sequitor to contact Asociacion Chilena de Seguridad (ACHS).
- Call Sequitor base and make sure that the information is passed to a Supervisor.
To call Sequitor From Chajnantor 200 (Control room main line)
224 (Engineers office)
223 (Astronomers office)
222 (TiO's office)
230 (Dinning room)
- In case you get no answer from Sequitor, try the following mobile phones:
Mariano Diaz (Administrator) 0 + access code + 9 7899 7837
- In case of critical emergency and could no contact ALMA or Sequitor, try the following phones:
Consultorio San Pedro de Atacama 0 + access code + 55 265 6979 Police San Pedro de Atacama 0 + access code + 55 275 5350 Fire Station San Pedro de Atacama 0 + access code + 55 285 1074 ACHS (Calama) 0 + access code + 55 265 0101
- Note: dialing 0 + authorized code will allow you to access an external phone number.
Radio communication equipment at APEX
|1||Communication through repeater||Normal communication mode|
|2||Communication point to point||Repeater failed or no contact with repeater but direct contact with other radio.
You can still receive through repeater.
Example: two pickups traveling far away that want to communicate between them.
Local communication to diminish traffic and avoid repeater delay.
Using ALMA road, at some points you loose the repeater but can get a direct connection with Sequitor.
Warning! You are not listening the other radios in channel 1
|4||ALMA emergency frequency||Use only in a emergency case (accident) where no communication to Sequitor is possible.
From there you can pass a message to ALMA paramedic.